Monday, July 27, 2015

Family versus Framily

Family - a group consisting of parents and children living together in a household.
.
Friends - a group whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection
.
Framily - a group in our lives we would include in our family, whether they are blood-related or not, typically because we love them.
.
Thank God for all of these in my life.
.
Family. My backbone and the people who made me who I am today. My family stretches much more than the definition. I have my mom, dad, and sister who are readily at my back. While on my bike, I think about my life and how they have helped me become who I am today. I've learned so much from them.
.
I see my immediate family as characters from the Wizard of Oz. My mother taught me to love, but also to be a bit stubborn. This trip is a great example of using both. I'm riding for a cause and even when the going gets tough, I won't accept riding in the van. My father taught me how to think logically, but how to think about others before myself. My dad always asked me questions I didn't know the answer to. He challenged me to know the world around me frequently as I grew up, but was first to remind me that being humble and unselfish was most important. Most of what I am is because of the lessons my parents taught me. I can't forget about my sister, though. She had the same parents, yet we are very different. She was the one who had to teach about adventure. Without my sister, I think I'd be an introvert. It is hard to think of what I would be doing, but I doubt I would have landed this awesome job or be a part of this awesome summer if any of these people were not who they are.
.
I can't forget about the other family I have, though. My mom and dad both being the youngest of seven, I have a lot of relatives. Hearing from aunts, uncles, and cousins while on this trip has inspired me to not let my purpose in life go away after this trip. I am made to help others. I am built to be active. I can't let this journey end on August 4th. Hearing how I can inspire, seeing how I can make a difference, and feeling as good as I have felt in years, my family has taught me about happiness and how easily that is spread to others. Thank you.
.
To my friends. My framily. I think I gloat about you all too much. We have a giant group message going and it's pretty much the first thing I look at when I get internet. All I can think of when I see it is how much I miss you, which is why I say that so often in the message. You all have seen the drastic change that has happened in my life. From welcoming me at my lowest point to my ascent into pure happiness, you all were there for me. I don't think I have time to write out to every one of you in the way I want, but I'll do my best before my phone starts dying.
.
Shelby and Mariah. You're the staples to my happiness. You somehow took a tattered version of me and made him happy again. With all my dumb choices and ridiculousness, you loved me unconditionally. I am your flash puppy, but I felt that through thick and thin you were the ones loving me when I wasn't deserving (much like a puppy). You both taught me how much love means to those in need. Meg, Kait, Raj and Rachel. You are all so different from each other, but you all show me how to have a good time. All of you have been through so much stress and I have seen you overcome time and time again. Congrats on getting new jobs, quitting bad jobs, finding love, and doing what is best for you in life. You all are in theater, which means the job market is slim for you... But I've learned from Ed Wagonseller and you have proven to me that you can do anything you want if you're a theater major (even if it's not theater). The boys (Jackson, Josh, Sean, Gary, and Grant). I've gotten so much confidence from being around you all. I love your enthusiasm and carefree attitudes. You all remind me frequently what matters and what doesn't. I've seen you all in such silly states, but you know how to act when it comes to business.
.
My framily is large, much like my family. Both have taught me to do what is best for myself as well as what is good for others. I can't thank them enough for support, the video messages, and prayers. I made it through this trip thinking about each one of you and how much I can't wait to tell my stories over and over again to each of you. My phone is at 9%, so I'll be ending the blog here (sorry it seemed rushed by the end). Make sure to call me, text me, message me on facebook, or do something to keep in touch with me for this next week. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment