Sunday, July 26, 2015

Apocalypse NOW?

This will be a short post. I'm hoping I feel well enough to finish the post in the first place. We are currently having our last rest day and it's 100% necessary even though our last rest day was 4 days ago. We are in Sandpoint, Idaho in a sports complex. This place is beautiful, but coming into this place our intern and route leader was very sick! He was puking and lost 15 pounds of fluids and things. Food poisoning, we thought. Tofurkey in a warm, water filled cooler and twice chilled protein shake isn't good for a stomach, we said.
.
I'm the past 12 hours, five or six people have gotten sick. The worst two being the people sleeping closest to me last night. Yesterday, I shared a beef stick with two people that are now sick (one of which is the worst). I should feel sick right now. I should be puking what's in my system right now if my stomach history is any indicator of my immunity to stomach bugs. Please pray for us. We have 8 days left.. An easy ride out of Sandpoint tomorrow (30ish miles), 6 short mile mountain days with tough climbing, and an easy day into Seattle (30 miles). I can't imagine having this bug while climbing a mountain for 19 miles... Pray nobody needs to experience it.
.
Thank you and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment