Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Day 9: Sorry for not blogging, y'all!

It's been a whirlwind of a few days. From Nags Head NC to now being in Fredericksburg VA, we crossed a state line and had plenty of good ride days! We had a wonderful few days and met some amazing people along the way. I've got a lot of pictures coming your way because I've pretty much had a ride with everyone on our trip in these past few days.

By the time we got to Richmond, I was toasted though! We had to say goodbye to Amy in Richmond which was sad. Luckily, she's not going to be far away from me when I move back to NC in a week. Hopefully I'll be able to go visit her and or have her come to visit me!

I was getting a bit nastalgic today and a few days ago riding into and out of Richmond because of my detour in 2016 with Joe. Leaving Richmond, we criss-crossed with the TransAm and I remember some of the turns I missed in 2016. It was a pleasant few days and I loved seeing one of my best friends, Cory!

Here I am sitting in my hammock under a pavilion in an outdoor center in VA sipping an all day IPA. It's time for what feels like the history lap to Philly where we decided we're having bike prom! I'm stoked for the next few days. DC tomorrow and then rapid fire state lines. Maryland, PA, and NJ in the next week until I'm done!

Tomorrow is a bit of a surprise long day because of some poor math. Our back to back 65 mile days are actually back to back 85+ mile days! Yikes! I'm not sure I'm gonna post many more blogs until the end of the trip. It's so hard to write them because every hour/minute I spend on my phone is one less hour/minute where I could be out exploring with some smelly cyclists.

For example: Today, Jeff and I got to Fredericksburg and went a few miles downtown to check out some places he stayed at when he was in a bike/car accident a few years ago. After that, we went to a local coffee shop that two people on the street recommended. The shop has their own coffee farm they get their beans from in South America. It was very good and naturally sweet which was refreshing because it was hot outside. They even gave us half off because we talked about out trip and hung out with them for a while. Next we went to a brewery and talked to the bartenders for a while about fannie packs, our trip, and everything in between. I got a freshly canned beer for the road because I thought it was pretty unique. I had some pretty amazing beer at the bar, even though their most popular gose beer wasn't available.. The last thing we did tonight was visit a cafe (where we might go back for breakfast in the morning) and I opted to not try their food challenge. In my defense it was 6 pancakes, some bacon, and two eggs in 15 minutes. I think I could have demolished it, but I didn't want to eat the food that fast and not enjoy it.  The burger I ate was a good savorable food!

I love y'all for all the support and for following along. Thanks for the prayers and encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment