Sunday, August 2, 2015

2 - Off Rouge

This will be short. I don't have much to say now that I have service. Many people are currently hammocking at camp and I even had my teammate Chelsea come and join me in my hammock. It was a beautiful day. Reminded me of the fast and easy ride into Iroquois a few weeks into the trip. I even rode with the same guy. "Rowdy" Reed and I averaged about 16mph today. Lots of shade to keep you feeling fresh and plenty of gradual downhill to make it easier to pedal. We talked sports. We talked future. We just had a good time. He was the last of the team to not feel so well, so climbing these mountains have been rough on him. He was back to being fast today, because he was pushing me to keep up at times. Can't believe I will need to say goodbye to him and a few others on the 4th after our celebrations. Reed and Kaylyn. Two amazing college students with bright futures will be heading on a plane the night we get in. It's going to be a tough goodbye, but I'll save that for a not so future blog post. Time to read and relax before our final true day of riding. I'll probably sleep in my hammock tonight. Snohomish tomorrow. Seattle the next. Time flies. I'll be home soon, everyone. Love you and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment