Monday, August 3, 2015

1 - A Flash Back

Throwback to my first day post, because it's eerily similar.
.
Nervous excitement, immense amounts of adrenaline, and soon to be a breakfast in Snohomish. Tonight is the last night of the trip. This journey has started since October of 2014 when I guaranteed myself I would change my life in order to change the lives of those around me. I could not be more proud of what I have accomplished to get to this point. I am 30 miles from Seattle. I have made best friends with my teammates. I have biked over 4000 miles and it feels like I could keep going.
.
Family. I love you all. I can't wait to be home and see you soon. I miss you and only a week left until I fly back
.
Framily. Thanks for putting up with my crappy messages all summer. I have a few days with you in a few weeks. Let's make it count.
.
Natalie. All summer, you made it easier to ride. Thoughts of you got me through the summer. Long distance sucks, but I cannot wait to see you. I'm sorry I've not beem able to talk much recently.
.
Those reading. Named above or not, you are supporting me and helped me complete this trip. I didn't finish it because of my pride or the people around the world who need help. This trip is to support those who are in need living with multiple sclerosis, but it's much more than that to me. This trip provides a way to show people that they can change lives in such drastic ways. My friend Erin and I are working our way across the country to help others in need. I want to convince others to do this. It's not easy or for the faint of heart, but I would never give up this experience. I'm now an adult. I work soon and this prepared me for that. I know I can conquer all.
.
Time to go. Team bonding for the last night. Superlatives and alcohol. What could go wrong? Snohomish to Seattle tomorrow. 30ish miles. Easiest day of the trip. Celebrations all day. Booyah! Seattle, here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment