Wednesday, August 5, 2015

0 - Seattle

Tears haven't left my eyes yet, but many have been shed by my team so far. We are 35 cyclists who have achieved something that many wouldn't fathom. We biked 4,295 miles to get from the Atlantic to the Pacific and we did it in the longest way possible, Maine to Washington. It hasn't hit me yet. 69 days of this lifestyle. We got in yesterday and it felt as though it would continue. We got in, we hung out, and we went to bed. This morning is different. Now some of these people are gone. Good friends have left and I don't get to see them continuously, like I had before. I can't say enough how much everyone in this trip has meant to me. From Don and Cassie all the way down to the people letting us stay in a church at night, my life has changed because of you.
.
I made it to Seattle. The place I've dreamed of going for years. It's kinda crazy to think of the effort I put forth to get here and now the time has arrived. I've seen the space needle. I've seen Pike Market. I'm going to go see more of downtown, soon. First, I need to get my plans in order for checkout of this marvelous hotel and my rental car for this afternoon. Tonight, I'll be staying with my cousin. I hope I haven't forgotten how to drive a car..
.
Thank you all for the support. And I'll be doing the souvenir lottery tonight. Best of luck to those who have donated!

No comments:

Post a Comment