Friday, June 19, 2015

It's raining

Propelling a bike across the country is a difficult task to ask of most people, but this group laughs at the task. Riding a bike (nearly) every day for 3 weeks through storms and torrential rain knowing that 7 more weeks of cycling is left of the trip is mentally fatigueing, but this team just keeps waking up earlier to make it through the day faster. Riding through rivers and lakes that are now called Indiana and Illinois are outlandish and unpredicted, but I call this the best summer of my life.
.
It's weird to think that we are over 3 weeks into my trip and I'm now through Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Indiana. I have made such amazing friends who I never knew existed before May 27th. There are people who are retired as well as people getting college credit. There are people who plan to self support themselves on their bike after reaching Seattle as well as people who don't know what happens after the trip. We all have such important differences that make us unique, but our individuality makes us a closer group.
.
In 3 weeks, people know more about my life than I would care to share with my blog readers. We stick up for each other and are always rooting for people who need it. I don't have much of a story here. I just haven't written in a while and my teammate Kay told me I was a good writer. She is one determined rider and one great friend. She is always there to talk to me when I need it. Unfortunately, she got hurt the other day in an  collision with another biker. I hope she gets back out there soon, because I miss my riding partner. Maybe it will be tomorrow. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
.
Best of wishes to those who sent letters and items in my care package. It was astounding and perfectly timed after a rough day. I will post again shortly when more stories arise. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment