Thursday, May 28, 2015

I biked BelFAST not BelSLOW!

It was a tough day with the new bike. Learned a lot about biking and a lot about my teammates. They're such amazing people and absolutely hysterical. A few of them are doing a pod cast. I hope to share a link or something with you sooner rather than later. I know it will have some great stories about the people on the trip as well as the journey itself.
.
Today, I saw some pretty sights and met some great people. A lot of the trip was near a body of water. It makes the riding easier when you have great sites to focus on. I also was approached by a guy at the first stop fighting back his emotions to talk to us. He said his daughter has MS and he was so appreciative of our efforts. Another lady talked to us when we happened to stop by her house. She offered us free bottles of water, which was great because some of us were low.
.
Our campsite is gorgeous. It's a lakefront area. I found out I can't add pictures from my phone to this (sorry). The pictures will keep being posted to Facebook, so I hope you can see them there. We walked around the town tonight, ate pizza, then got rain poured on us. Luckily, my tent remained relatively unaffected thanks to one of the route leaders braving the storm to put a rain cover over it for added protection.
.
After being drenched, why not go to the local bar? So a bunch of the team met up with the founder of BTUSFMS and the coordinator (i think that's her title, she is basically does anything any everything that needs to happen) and had some laughs and shared stories. The bar served hard boiled eggs instead of peanuts as bar snacks (*gag*). One of the guys broke their record by eating a dozen of them. It was so funny and he's sure to have smelly gas tomorrow.
.
Nice "easy" 58 miles tomorrow. Wish us luck and keep sending prayers our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment