Thursday, May 28, 2015

Day 1

Nervous excitement, immense amounts of adrenaline, and soon to be some breakfast... These are what I feel inside me this morning. I'm actually crying as I'm typing this because it's been such a long journey to get to this one day. This journey has started since October of 2014 when I guaranteed myself I would change my life in order to change the lives of those around me. I could not be more proud of what I have accomplished to get to this point and I need to give one more big shootout to the people I talked to last night as well as a few others.
.
Shelby. Thank you for being there for me in October. Bringing me to the family and helping me see the good in people. You've changed my life so drastically for the better.
.
Meg. You've always seemed like one of my biggest fans and supporters. You have helped me through many issues and struggles along my way, but I've gotten through them with your advice and support.
.
Natalie. It has been a short amount of time since we have been close but you're already a close friend in my eyes. We have bonded since day 1 and I am grateful to have you praying for me and my team.
.
Aunt Debbie and the boys. It's been 4 years living in Wilmington. I feel like I wouldn't be who I am without your influence on my life. Thank you for the camping gear. It has taken a huge burden off my back. I am so very blessed to have that time with you and look forward to finding some sweet postcards to send your way. :)
.
The Seagers. You all have been supportive and kind since I moved down to Asheville. I cannot say enough about your kindness and generosity. From helping me with the fundraiser at church to donating yourself and even providing me extra supplies on the trip, you all played a big part in this journey.
.
Those reading. Named above or not, you are why I'm doing this. Not for my pride. Not for the love and prayers. For the people around the world who need help. This trip is to support those who are in need living with multiple sclerosis, but it's much more than that to me. This trip provides a way to show people that they can change lives in such drastic ways. That's where you come in. It might be with donations or it might be with a place to stay. I'm here to try to encourage just one person to go out and try to change the world with their actions. As much as I would love to see it be with Bike the US for MS, it doesn't need to be. My friend Erin Danneker is riding with Bike and Build to help provide people with low cost housing. I have not even been on my bike for a day, but I am so blessed to be able to bike for a cure. I hope you all can find some charities or ways to volunteer and help those who are in need.
.
Time to go. I need to shower, eat, and meet by the ocean. 68 miles today. Bar Harbor to Belfast. I will talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment